PLEASE NOTE: All students in The College of Arts and Sciences must complete their application by March 3, 2017. Any application submitted after March 3, 2017 will NOT be considered.
As part of the Arts and Sciences SSUI application, all eligible students must write a proposal. This proposal must be completed on the application, OR e-mailed to email@example.com in addition to your application prior to March 3, 2017. Your application will not be considered complete until we have received BOTH your completed application and proposal.
A College of Arts and Sciences student may pursue an interest in enrolling in SSUI if the student meets the following criteria:
|Class Standing:||First-year, Sophomore, Junior or non-graduating Senior|
|GPA range:||Variable – Depends on individual circumstances|
The required proposal should include:
- Why you believe enrolling in SSUI will enhance your academic success and keep you on track for an on-time graduation.
- What strategies you will use to earn a grade of “C” or better in your SSUI courses and improve your cumulative GPA.
- The courses you plan to enroll in and complete in the SSUI program and why you have chosen these courses.
After your proposal has been submitted to and approved by Dean Salomone, your course selections must be discussed with and approved by an A&S Academic Counselor.
PLEASE NOTE: Students earning less than a grade of “C” in an SSUI supported course will not be eligible to continue in the program for Summer Session II.
Consideration will be given to the students who meet the following criteria:
- Student has been on academic warning and/or probation.
- Student is enrolled in a very challenging program of study and may benefit from completing electives or other requirements in the SSUI program
- Unsatisfactory mid-semester progress report
- A semester of fewer than 12 credits earned.
All students who meet these criteria may NOT be accepted. Admission and notification will occur in late March.
The College of Arts and Sciences contact:
|Students with questions should go to 323 Hall of Languages and meet with a Counselor of Academic Services during drop-in hours: Monday through Thursday from 8:30 – 11:40 a.m. and
1 – 4 p.m., and Friday from 1 – 4 p.m.